Opting for the right kind of prestressed concrete wire is an absolute requirement. This can not only produce better quality output but also lead to steady business growth. Prestressed concrete wires are of different kinds based on applications and specifications. A few specifications of standard prestressed concrete wires are:
1. Intensity: 1470Mpa-1770Mpa.
2. Standard: ASTM, BS, DIN, GB.
3. Wire Diameter: 4.00mm-12.00mm.
4. Kinds of prestressed concrete wire:
5. According to diameter: 4mm, 4.8mm, 5.0mm, 5.1mm, 6.0mm, 6.35mm, 7.0mm, 7.8mm, 8.0mm, 9.0mm, 10.0mm, 11mm, 12mm, etc.
6. According to intensity level: 1470MPa, 1570MPa, 1670MPa, 1770MPa, and 1860MPa.
7. As per the surface covering and high malleability: no coating prestressed steel wire, prestressed epoxy covered steel wire, and prestressed steel galvanized wires.
8. As per the surface morphology: light round prestressed steel wire, winding rib (twisting ribbed or helix notched), prestressed steel wire, the pressure wave (creased), prestressed steel wire or nicks (indented), prestressed steel wire, etc.
9. As per treatment process: cold-drawn prestressing steel wire (no slack execution requirements) and low relaxation prestressed steel wire.
The Nirmal Group has produced prestressed concrete wire of superior quality and fine raw materials. Although these wires are of fine quality, their efficiency is variable as per their implications. Some of the kinds of prestressed concrete wires that they produce are:
1. High elastic steel strands utilized in concrete reinforcement, mostly railway sleepers. 3 ply of 3mm high tensile wire offers superior rigidity, proof stress, and prolongation and relaxation properties. The item adjusts to IS 6006 and corresponding ASTM, JIS, and BS guidelines.
2. Stay wire is used in structures like distribution poles, ship masts, radio poles, chimneys, railway posts, etc. Stay wire and fellow wires are utilized as tension cables that add stability to buildings. They produce about 19 strands of different evaluations (450-1770), with wire dimensions varying from 1.57mm – 4.00mm, adjusting to IS 2141, BS 183, and corresponding ASTM, DIN, and JIS specifications. They supply these stay wires in loops, wooden drums, and steel drums.
3. Earth wire or shield wire are utilized in the power transmission section as an overhead earth wire and counterpoise earthing. With the use of superior quality steel, they can effectively produce Earth wire of different evaluations according to IS 2276 and relating, BS, IEC specifications.
4. Aluminum Conductor Steel Reinforced strand is utilized in the transmission and distribution industry. They produce center wires of both single and stranded categories. They create up to 19 strands for the conductor business conforming to IS 398 section II and V, ASTM B498, and BS 4565. Their strand size range is made of wires from 1.57mm to 4.80mm.
5. Messenger wires of up to 19 strands made of galvanized steel wire. These premium quality wires find their application in different sectors, such as Aeolian/stock bridge dampers and cables utilized in the Power Sector.